The Institute of African and Diaspora Studies (IADS), University of Lagos hereby announces the 2021 call for applications for the Rahamon Bello Best Ph.D. Thesis Award in African and Diaspora Studies. This award seeks to encourage and appreciate young intellectuals whose Ph.D. theses address African and diaspora issues and the reconfiguration of African Studies. The Rahamon Bello Award also promotes cutting-edge intellectual and multidisciplinary research works in African Studies. The honouree of the award Professor Rahamon Bello, is the 11th Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria. The winner of the award will receive the sum of $1,000 (One thousand US Dollars).
- The applicant(s) must have completed the doctorate degree between June 1, 2019 and June 31, 2021;
- The applicant’s field of study must be within the Arts/Humanities or Social Sciences, Law, Management Sciences, Education and Alternative / Traditional medicine.
Required Documents to be Submitted
- A cover letter / letter of interest stating the motivation to apply for the award;
- Extended abstract of Ph.D. thesis (written in English) of not more than 1,500 words, including background of the study, statement of the problem, aim and objectives, scope of the study, significance of the study, theoretical framework, methodology, findings, and contributions to knowledge;
- Soft copy of the Ph.D. thesis;
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), including academic status, employment history and publication records; and
- Soft copy of Ph.D. certificate
How to Apply
All applications which include the above required documents must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org All submissions will be acknowledged through email.
- Application opens June 1, 2021 and closes 12 GMT+1 (mid-night) September 30, 2021
- October 1 -November 31, 2021: Review and/or assessment of applications by independent selection committee
- December 6, 2021: Announcement of the award winner
- December 10, 2021: Award presentation and ceremony (to be done virtually and physically)
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com or call +2348037212221.