All members of the University of Lagos Campus Community are to note that the administration of the 1st dose of Moderna and the 2nd dose of Oxford Astra Zeneca Vaccine are ongoing simultaneously.
Therefore, anyone who has taken the 1st dose of the Oxford Astra Zeneca COVID-19 Vaccine at the UNILAG Medical Centre is to come forward with his/her card for the 2nd dose of the vaccine without further delay.
Anyone who is 18 years and/or above and is yet to get the 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine should please note that the administration of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is currently ongoing, hence, he/she is enjoined to come forward and get vaccinated.
Venue: Jelili Omotola Multipurpose Hall “C”.
Date: vaccination commenced from Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 p.m. daily (excluding weekends)
To access the 1st dose of the Moderna vaccine, please follow the steps below;
- Proceed to register for the vaccine via the NPHCDA e-registration portal: https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/
- Ensure you choose UNILAG Medical Centre as your vaccination site.
- A vaccination ID will be generated and a confirmation text message and email will be sent to the provided phone number and email address after successfully registering.
- Successful registrants should then proceed to the vaccination site (Jelili Omotola Multipurpose Hall C) which is the venue for the UNILAG Medical Centre with the vaccination ID, confirmation text along with a means of identity to get their first dose of the MODERNA vaccine as scheduled.
- Each registrant will be issued a COVID-19 Vaccination Card which has a barcode as confirmation immediately after receiving the vaccine and scheduled for a second dose.
- Kindly note that ONLY pre-registered persons would be allowed in and attended to at the vaccination site. Eligible persons are therefore advised to pre-registered on the NPHCDA e-registration portal before visiting the Vaccination site.
- Kindly note that each registration is valid for only 48 hours, hence every registrant must ensure that he/she complete the entire vaccination process (for the 1st dose) within and not more than 48 hours from the date of online registration.
Preventing the spread or human-to-human transmission of COVID-19 especially within UNILAG community remains a collective effort, every community member is therefore enjoined to remember, practice and preach the COVID-19 protocols which are as follows:
- Proper wearing of facemasks (to cover both the mouth and the nose) while in any public space.
- Ensure physical distancing of not less than 6 feet to the next person.
- Avoid crowded places.
- Do not get tired of practising constant handwashing with soap and running water.
- In the absence of soap and water, disinfect the hands with alcohol-based sanitizers
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces at home and offices.
If you have not been vaccinated at all, then this is the time and opportunity to ensure you get your first jab as the vaccines have proven to be effective in the prevention of severe forms of illnesses and death from COVID-19.
COVID-19 IS REAL!!! STAY SAFE, STAY ALIVE, STAY HEALTHY.