The UNILAG Medical Centre wishes to inform all staff, students and other members of the University community that officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Health will be on campus for the second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination exercise.
Those eligible are:
- All those who are 18 years and above and yet to take the 1st dose of the vaccination
- Senior Citizens with or without underlying health conditions such as Diabetes, Hypertension, etc.
- Healthcare workers who are at high risk of exposure
- Persons who recovered from COVID-19
Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2021, to Friday, September 3, 2021
Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm daily
Venue: Jelili Omotola Multipurpose Hall ‘C’
The Vaccine to be administered is the MODERNA Vaccine which has been tested and found to be effective against the different causative viral strains including the Delta variant which has been found to be most rampant in the current third wave of the pandemic.
To access the vaccine, please follow the steps below;
- Proceed to register for the vaccine via the NPHCDA e-registration portal: https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng
- Ensure you choose UNILAG Medical Centre as your vaccination site.
- A vaccination ID will be generated and a confirmation text message and email will be sent to the provided phone number and email address after successfully registering.
- Successful registrants should then proceed to the vaccination site (Jelili Omotola Multipurpose Hall C) which is the venue for the UNILAG Medical Centre with the vaccination ID, confirmation text along with a means of identity to get their first dose of the MODERNA vaccine as scheduled.
- Each registrant will be issued a COVID-19 Vaccination Card which has a barcode as confirmation immediately after receiving the vaccine and scheduled for a second dose.
- Kindly note that ONLY pre-registered persons would be allowed in and attended to at the vaccination site. Eligible persons are therefore advised to register on the NPHCDA e-registration portal before visiting the Vaccination site.
Members of the UNILAG community are advised to note as follows:
- The 2nd dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine will soon be available for administration to those who have received their 1st dose during the last vaccination exercise
- Those who are due for the second dose of the Oxford Asra Zeneca Vaccine will be prioritized once the Oxford Astra Zeneca Vaccine is available.
- Mixing one brand of vaccine with another brand in the first and second dose is not allowed, hence, no one should, for any reason or under any condition, attempt to or take another type of vaccine to complete the 1st dose already taken.
- The Moderna and Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccines require 2 doses at varying intervals to achieve full protection against COVID-19, therefore, it is important to complete the vaccination.
Preventing the spread or human-to-human transmission of COVID-19 especially within the UNILAG community remains a collective effort, every community member is therefore enjoined to remember, practice and preach the COVID-19 protocols which are as follows;
- Proper wearing of facemasks (to cover both the mouth and the nose) while in any public space.
- Ensure social distancing of not less than 6 feet to the next person.
- Avoid crowded places.
- Do not get tired of constant hand washing with soap and running water.
- In the absence of soap and water, disinfect the hands by using alcohol-based sanitizers
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces at home and offices.
If you have not been vaccinated at all, then ensure you get your first jab during the vaccination exercise as the vaccines have proven to be effective in the prevention of severe forms of illnesses and death from COVID-19.
COVID-19 IS REAL!!!
STAY SAFE! STAY ALIVE! STAY HEALTHY!