The African Cluster Centre (ACC), University of Lagos, Nigeria, welcomes submission of applications for a maximum of 6 months’ postdoctoral fellowship in African and Diaspora Studies. The fellowship programme, funded by the African Multiple Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth under the auspices of Germany Excellence Strategy, is designed to support early career scholars and/or junior faculty whose research interests are centred on or related to African Studies and the overarching agenda of Reconfiguring African Studies.
Postdoctoral fellows are typically accommodated in research sections within the Lagos ACC at the Institute of African and Diaspora Studies (IADS). The IADS, one of the fastest growing academic research institutes in West Africa, engages in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research, and also addresses issues that concern Africa, Africans and the Diaspora.
The successful applicant will work under the supervision of an expert with relevant and related specialization. In addition, they will be expected to contribute to the various research activities related to their project; publish, at least, one article in a highly reputable peer-reviewed journal within the fellowship period; participate in teaching activities of the IADS; and present a lecture in the ACC/IADS’ Principal Investigators (PIs) Monthly Lecture Series.
In terms of remuneration, the fellowship covers travel costs, accommodation, and daily or monthly stipend.
- Interested applicants must possess a Ph.D. degree which must have been awarded not earlier than June 2016;
- Applicants’ subject areas must be within the Humanities, Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and other Africa-related fields;
- The call for application is open to all interested young scholars across the world;
- Applicants must possess good communication skills in English or French language or both;
Qualified academics from the University of Lagos are also eligible to apply.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Soft copy of Ph.D. certificate
- A two-page summary of Ph.D. thesis
- A three-page proposal on postdoctoral research topic
- Recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two reference letters
Duration: 3 to 6 months’ period.
How to Apply
Correspondence with applicants will be via email.
Application is ongoing and will close August 30, 2021.
For more enquiries, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org