The Office of International Relations, Partnerships and Prospects hereby announces the African Doctoral Academy Online Winter School.
The programme is organised by Stellenbosch University, South Africa, and will run from Monday, 19th July to Friday, 13th August, 2021.
Participant will be trained on Research Design and Methodology, preparing for the PhD Journey, Research Dissemination, as well as Doctoral Supervision.
Details of the event are as follows:
- Preparatory Sessions: July 19-24, 2021
- Fundamentals of Research Design and Methods (19-21, July)
- Creating a Successful Dissertation (22-24, July)
- July 19 – 30, 2021
- Teaching in the Digital World: The use of blended active learning strategies
- Week 1: July 26-30, 2021
- Research Publication and Presentation: Principles and Practical Steps (July 26 -29. Afternoons Only)
- Introduction to Qualitative Research Design and Methodology
- Working with Research Data: Software and Digital Tools for Applied Research
- Week 2: August 2 – 6, 2021
- Intersecting Qualitative with Mixed Methods Research; Design and Implementation.
- Supervising the PhD by Publication.
- Writing and Publishing an Article during the Doctorate.
- The Quantitative PhD: From Philosophy to Study Design, Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Week 3: August 10-13, 2021 (Short-form courses)
- Grounded Theory: Methodology, Principles and Practices (August 10-11)
- Narrative Action Research for Transformative Transdisciplinary Research (August 12 – 13)
- An introduction to Computer-Assisted Qualitative Data Analysis Software: NVivo (August, 12 – 13)
Interested participants should log on to this link for full registration details: http://www.sun.ac.za/english/SUInternational/ADA/Pages/Doctoral-School-Programme.aspx