The Meter Reading, Vending & Records Unit of the Works & Physical Planning Department, University of Lagos, wishes to inform members of the University community of the procedure for online payment to recharge their prepaid metre: The procedure is as follows:
- Visit www.unilag.edu.ng/remita by clicking the URL or copying and pasting it on your browser.
- Click on ‘Staff’ or ‘Others’
- Fill in the relevant details. Your staff ID has to be 5digits (for staff), however if yours is 4 digits input ‘0’ before the first digit and then select “Electricity Charges (Prepaid)” in the drop down menu for payment item.
- Click Continue after inputting the amount you wish to recharge. (After clicking OK, print the preceding document if you intend paying physically through the bank and present same to the bank).
- If you intend to pay online, continue the process by clicking OK and then clicking “Pay Online Now”. This will redirect you to a third-party website (Remita), where you will be required to select one of the various payment options available (e.g. Debit/Credit Card payment, USSD, Digital Wallets etc.).
KINDLY NOTE: To pay online you need to have enough data, functional email, a bank debit card enough for your cash transaction and mobile number linked to your bank account.
- After previewing amount payable, click the green submit button.
- Enter your 16-digit card number, card expiry details and the card verification value (CVV) at the back of your debit/credit card.
- Enter the OTP (one time password) sent to the mobile number linked to your bank account.
- Print out the Remita receipt for the payment from your email and the UNILAG online receipt from www.unilag.edu.ng/remita by clicking on “Get Receipt”.
- Present the Remita receipt and the UNILAG online receipt at either the Cash Office or Account Section of the Works & Physical Planning Department for authentication.
- Finally, present the authenticated UNILAG Online receipt at the Metering Unit.
Members of the University community are highly appreciated for their valued co-operation in this regard.