The newly constituted Board of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Venture, on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, paid a courtesy visit to the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS. The Board members were received at the Vice-Chancellor’s conference room on the 10th Floor of the Senate Building.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Ogundipe expressed delight at the composition of the Board which will serve as a bridge between town and gown. He also disclosed that he has high expectations and he is looking forward to the revamping of the Venture.
The Board Chairman, Mr. Amokomowo, in his response, affirmed his readiness to serve and enjoined every member of the Board to see their work as a call to service. He assured that UNILAG Venture would be turned around for good.
Other members of the Board expressed their happiness to serve and pledged that the Board would live up to the expectations of Management.
The members of the Board as constituted are:
- Mr. Abiodun Amokomowo – Chairman of the Board;
- Dr. Khalid Adekoya – member;
- Mrs. Olabisi Osifeso – external member;
- Dr. Nike Braimoh – member;
- Dr. Bola Ogunbodede – member;
- Mrs. M. F. Ogunnaike – Secretary
The responsibilities of the Board include:
- Generating initiatives for the growth and development of UNILAG Venture,
- Introducing innovations into the operations of the Venture,
- Reviewing the performance of the Venture from time to time,
- Reviewing the policies, plans and business procedures of the Venture and make recommendations to Management, and
- Bringing stability to the growing operations and future growth agenda of the UNILAG Venture.