The University of Lagos invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the Pastor Enoch A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics.
A. JOB DESCRIPTION
The person that will occupy the Pastor E. A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduates and postgraduates’ levels in Mathematics and carry out research in any specialized area of Mathematics.
The occupant of the chair shall present an Annual Lecture (each year) as well as deliver a terminal public Lectures on his/her accomplishments at the end of the tenure.
B. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The successful applicant to this position would be called Pastor Enoch Adeboye ‘Outstanding’ Professor of Mathematics, in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his or her outstanding accomplishments.
- A Ph.D. in Mathematics from a reputable University
- At least 10 years of post-Ph.D. teaching experience.
- An impeccable record of teaching and research career in the Professorial cadre (i.e. Professor or Associate Professor). Part of a demonstrable indicator of research achievements is the number of Ph.Ds successfully supervised by the candidate.
- There must be strong proof of continuing Research in Mathematics.
- Possess administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills and must be of proven integrity.
- Possession of cutting-edge information technology (IT) credentials will be an added advantage.
- Membership of learned societies in the Mathematical Sciences is highly desirable.
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e. CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal allowance
- Learned Society subscription allowance
- Local Transportation and Travelling
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing Allowance
- Attendance at International/Local Conferences/Lectures support
The Chair has a tenure of TWO YEARS.
E. CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
As contained in the University of Lagos Conditions of Service governing Senior Staff.
F. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit three bound copies of publications along with ten (10) copies of detailed application and curriculum vitae. The CV should include:
- Names in full
- Place and date of birth
- Home Address
- Postal address
- Telephone Number (Landline / Mobile)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (Including dates and Institutions)
- Academic and professional Qualification (Including distinction and credit with dates)
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present post
- Detailed list of publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three referees
- Proposed dates of availability for duties, if appointed.
Candidates should submit signed, scanned application and current CV online to www.unilag.edu.ng (recruitment.unilag.edu.ng)
Further enquiries should be directed to:
The Director, Office of Advancement, Top Floor, Bookshop Building,
University of Lagos
Academic Staff Unit,
Human Resources Management Department,
University of Lagos.
Application and supporting materials should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar, Academic Staff Unit, University of Lagos, not later than six weeks from date of this publication.