The International Relations, Partnership and Prospects (IRPP) Office wishes to inform interested members of the University community that “Lucerne Summer University: Ethics in a Global Context” (LSUE), under the patronage of the UNESCO is calling for application to its 2021 programme. LSUE, which is affiliated to the Institute of Social Ethics (ISE) at the Faculty of Theology, University of Lucerne (Universität Luzern), Switzerland, is an international Summer University that offers a unique platform that enables young scientists and researchers to examine and address moral issues and ethical challenges across scientific disciplines in a sustainable and systematic way in a global context.
The programme will discuss subjects such as:
- Who is responsible for climate protection?
- What can be done against global inequality and poverty?
- How can global justice be connected with local traditions, cultural diversity and religious values?
- How can human rights be ethically justified as universal norms?
- What ethical chances and risks arise from the digital transformation and the growing use of artificial intelligence?
Who can Apply?
Ph.D. students and MA students from all disciplines can apply
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals are to:
- visit the following URL https://bit.ly/LSUE2021 to fill the application form;
- upload their CV and two letters of recommendation and show LSUE in their motivation letter their interest in ethical questions of today and the future in a global context; and
- outline in the application form their plan on how to achieve a positive impact within their context or academic research through ethical skills and knowledge (guiding idea for a project).
Monday, November 30, 2020