The Acting Vice-Chancellor, Professor Folasade Ogunsola, FAS, and eight other Professors at the College of Medicine, University of Lagos, have been elected as Foundation Fellows of the Nigerian Academy of Medicine (NAMED.)
The other scholars so honoured include:
- Emeritus Professor Mercy Yetunde Olumide – Department of Medicine
- Emeritus Professor Soga Sofola – Department of Physiology
- Professor O.A. Atoyebi – Department of Surgery
- Professor F.E.A Lesi – Department of Paediatrics
- Professor R.A. Arogundade – Department of Radiation Biology, Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy
- Professor Chris Bode – Department of Surgery
- Professor C.C. Nwawolo – Department of Surgery
- Dr. J.O. Olatosi – Department of Anaesthesia
The Ag. Vice-Chancellor, Professor Folasade Ogunsola, FAS, is of the Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology.
The Nigerian Academy of Medicine (NAMED) was incorporated by the Corporate Affairs Commission ( as a body limited by Guarantee) on 17th May 2019 to serve as an independent, dynamic and national resource of excellence and expertise in Medical Sciences and Healthcare. Its objectives include promoting knowledge of Medical Sciences in Nigeria and its practical application to problems of national welfare, and promoting excellence by the recognition and encouragement of merit in all branches of Medical Sciences.