Further to the earlier measures taken by the University Management to support the Federal and State Government’s effort in the fight against the spread of the Corona virus (COVID-19) which is on the increase in the country, Management at an emergency meeting held on Monday, March 23, 2020 approved that members of staff on CONTISS 1-12 SHOULD STAY AT HOME FOR TWO WEEKS WITH EFFECT FROM TUESDAY, MARCH 24 TO WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8, 2020.
The stay-at-home directive is to curtail the spread of the Corona virus pandemic. Management also directs that the following measures should be adhered to:
- All social and religious gatherings or meetings of more than ten (10) persons are hereby banned on the University Campus.
- All level 1-12 officers and equivalent in the University have been directed to stay at home for the next two weeks with the exception of levels 13 -15.
- Deans of Faculty, Heads of Department, Directors and Secretaries attached to Principal Officers should continue to come to the office to keep the University running. Heads of Department/Unit are also encouraged to provide hand sanitizers at strategic areas of their offices.
- Members of staff in category (b) above who are on essential duties such as Works and Physical Planning Unit (Power), Security, Faculty and Hostel Porters and Medical Services, etcetera are also to be around to man the essential areas.
- Restaurants and canteens are expected to serve only take-away packs.
- Security personnel would move around to ensure that Management’s directives are adhered to by members of the Community.
Members of staff and the University community at large are enjoined to stay safe by observing all precautionary measures and instructions provided by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and the Lagos State Government.