The University of Lagos will hold its first (1st) International Week with the theme, “Education in a Connected World” on Monday, October 14 and Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at the J. F. Ade. Ajayi Auditorium, University of Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria, from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily.
The Week, which will be both an academic and policy-based meeting, is being organised to address the requirements of effectively educating students in the 21st century.
Mallam Adamu Adamu, Honourable Minister of Education; Dr. Isa Ali (Pantami), FNCS, FBCS, FIIM, Honourable Minister of Communications; Professor Suleiman Elias Bogoro, Executive Secretary of TETFund; Professor Peter McEleavy, University of Dundee and Mr. Jérôme Pasquier, His Excellency, Ambassador of France will deliver the Keynote Addresses.
The event will also feature engaging plenary sessions on:
- Open Borders, Open Markets: Higher Education and the Challenge of Mobility and Integration in Africa
- Cities of the Future, Future of Cities
- Future of Work and Higher Education in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, as well as,
- Study-Abroad presentations and interactions
Some of the expected discussants are:
- Muhammed Babandede, MFR, Comptroller General of Immigration
- Ishaq Olanrewaju Oloyede, Registrar and Chief Executive, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Catriona Laing, British High Commissioner
- Ms Hadiza Bala Usman, MD, Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA)
- Professor Timothy Nubi, Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development, UNILAG
- Mathieu Leila, French Embassy
- Faheed Olajide, Endow Africa
- Tola Adesina, University of Derby United Kingdom
- Nadia Palmer, Kingston University, London
- Sunday A. Adebisi, Ag. Director, Entrepreneurship and Skills Development Centre, UNILAG.
Special Guests of Honour who will deliver Goodwill Messages and Chair Plenary Sessions are:
Professor Yemi Osinbajo, GCON, His Excellency, Vice President of Nigeria
Mr. Udom Emmanuel, His Excellency, Governor of Akwa-Ibom State
Dr. Kayode Fayemi, His Excellency, Governor of Ekiti State
Mr. Babajide Sanwoolu, His Excellency, Governor of Lagos State
Mr Adegboyega Oyetola, His Excellency, Governor of Osun State
Engr. Oluseyi Makinde, His Excellency, Governor of Oyo State
Chief Host: Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, FAS, Vice Chancellor, University of Lagos
Host: Professor Folasade Ogunsola, Deputy Vice Chancellor(Development Services), University of Lagos
Each day will also feature national and foreign cultural activities at the J. F. Ade. Ajayi Auditorium Foyer.