Enrolment of Federal Government Employees Due for Retirement Between January and December 2020 Under the Contributory Pension Scheme
The National Pension Commission (PenCom) has scheduled a nationwide enrolment exercise from 1st July 2019 to 2nd August 2019. This is in line with the provisions of Section 15 of the Pension Reform Act 2014 and as part of the implementation process of determining the accrued pension rights/issuance of the Federal Government Retirement Benefit Bond.
The enrolment exercise would be conducted for employees in the service of Federal Government Treasury funded Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) that are due for retirement between January and December 2020 under the Contributory Pension Scheme.
Enrolment of concerned members of staff of the University of Lagos is scheduled as follows:
Date: Thursday, 25 July, 2019 – Friday 26 July, 2019
Venue: Jelili Adebisi Omotola Halls B & C (Multi-Purpose Hall)
Tine: 8:00 a.m. prompt
Consequently, the underlisted categories of staff are invited for the enrolment exercise:
- Staff due for retirement between January 2020 and December 2020 by virtue of attaining 65 years of age, and 70 years of age for Professors.
- Staff of the University who had retired voluntarily, mandatorily, disengaged or had their appointment terminated but are yet to be enrolled by the Commission.
The two categories of staff mentioned above would be physically enrolled during the exercise. They should also come to the venue with the original and photocopy of the underlisted documents:
- Letter of First Appointment.
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
- Letter of Transfer of Service and Letter of Acceptance (where applicable).
- Letter of promotion to the Grade Level as at June 2004.
- Letters of ALL promotions obtained from 2004 to date.
- Letter of Introduction from University of Lagos.
- Letter of Retirement (Applicable to those who have retired Mandatorily/Voluntarily/Disengaged/Termination and yet to enrol with the PenCom).
- Evidence of registration with a Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) indicating Retirement Savings Account (RSA) Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Evidence of National Identification Number (NIN).
- Evidence of Bank Verification Number (BVN).
Please note that:
The original document shall be sighted while the photocopy would be submitted to the Commission.
Letter of Introduction shall be collected from Pension and Retirement Unit.
A medically unfit individual is exempted from the physical enrolment.
However, on behalf of such individual, the University Pension Desk Officer (PDO) would submit to the Commission:
- the documents listed above and
- a letter from the Medical Board of the University, indicating that the employee is medically unfit to attend the exercise.