The new University of Lagos Consultancy Services (UNILAG Consult) Board held its inaugural meeting on Thursday, September 28, 2023 at the Board room of the UNILAG Consult building.
The new Board is chaired by immediate past Director of the UNILAG Distance Learning Institute (DLI), Prof. Uchenna Udeani, who will serve for a period of two (2) years with effect from August 17, 2023.
The other members of the Board who were also present at the inaugural meeting include:
- Mrs. Olakunle Makinde – Acting Registrar
- Mrs. Oluwafunmilola Adekunle – Bursar
- Prof. Mohammed Awwalu Usman – Managing Director, UNILAG Consult
- Prof. Hikmot Koleosho – Dept. of Estate Management
- Dr. Babatunde Oke – Dept. of Finance
- Dr. Seyi Shadare – Dept of Employment Relations & Human Resource Management
- Dr. Aduke Omotubora – Dept. of Commercial & Industrial Law
- Mrs. Dorcas Olagunju – Registrar’s Office/Secretary
The new Board was constituted with the following terms of reference:
- To formulate broad operational guidelines for the achievement of the objectives of the UNILAG Consult Limited
- To advise the Vice-Chancelor, on policy matters in terms of consultancy services
- To liaise with Departments in the University of Lagos on consultancy services
- To perform such functions concerning consultancy services as may be referred to it from time to time and
- To explore means within the company’s mandate for optimal revenue generation to fund its services and fulfil its responsibilities to the University
The University of Lagos Consultancy Services (UNILAG Consult) was established by the Governing Council of the University of Lagos in July 1983, registered under the Business Name Act of 1961 on July 10, 1984 and incorporated as a Limited Liability Company on October 7, 2013.
UNILAG Consult was established to provide clients with the highest quality professional consultancy services in the areas of corporate trainings & professional certification, education sector services, research survey & impact assessment; laboratory services, environmental services, information & communication technology and human resource management.