The Department of Geosciences, Faculty of Science, University of Lagos (UNILAG) is set to host the 11th NAPE-NMGS Mini-Conference with the theme: Retooling Geoscience Education in Nigeria: Current Trends and Emerging Realities.
The mini-conference will feature the active participation of students of the Department of Geosciences drawn from various universities across Nigeria under the student chapters of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Exploration (NAPE) and Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS).
Details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, 7th – Sunday, 10th September, 2023
Venue: J.F. Ade. Ajayi Auditorium, University of Lagos
Time: 10:00 a.m. daily
- Geoscience Education in the Development of Entrepreneurship and Innovative Mindsets.
- Relevance of Geoscience Education in Current Energy Transition Dynamics.
- Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence in Oil, Gas and Mineral Exploration.
- Basins Studies, Exploration and Exploitation of Mineral Resources: Opportunities and Current Realities.
- Environmental and Sustainability in Mineral Exploration.
Key Highlights of the Mini-Conference
- Interactive discussions on sub-themes of the conference
- Field trip
- Inter-varsity quiz competition
- Short courses
- Meet & greet networking/social evening