As part of efforts to equip students with future-ready skills, up-to-date knowledge, and relevant certifications to improve their employability, the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Management has obtained licenses for trainings on Coursera that students can take free of charge (FOC).
The proposed Coursera courses for UNILAG undergraduates are:
1. ASU TESOL Professional
2. Cloud Archictecture with Google Cloud
3. Cloud Engineering with Google Cloud
4. Computational Thinking for Problem-Solving
5. Creative Problem Solving
6. Critical Thinking Skills for the Professional
7. Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future
8. Communication in the 21st Century Workplace
9. Developing Innovative Ideas for Product Leaders
10. Digital Strategy and Business Opportunity
11. Digital Channel Planning and E-Commerce Strategy
12. Digital Leadership and Digital Strategy Execution
13. Developing Innovative Ideas for Product Leaders
14. Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
15. Emotional Intelligence: Cultivating Immensely Human Interactions
16. Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens
17. Facebook Social Media Marketing
18. From Excel to Power BI
19. Google Project Manager
20. Google UX Designer
21. Google Data Analyst (R)
22. Google IT Automation (Python)
23. Google IT support
24. High-Impact Business Writing
25. Introduction to Futures Thinking
26. Initiating and Planning Projects
27. IBM Data Science
28. IBM AI Engineering
29. IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
30. IBM Customer Engagement Specialist
31. IBM Machine Learning
32. IBM Data Analyst (Python)
33. Project Management: The Basics for Success
34. Ready, Set, Future!
35. Salesforce Sales Dev. Rep.
36. Statistical Software Suite (SAS) Programmer
37. Statistical Software Suite (SAS) Visual Business Analytics
38. Solving Problems with Creative and Critical Thinking
39. Simulation Skills: This is Your Brain on the Future
40. The Art of Negotiation
41. UCI Project Management Professional (PMP)
For registration and selection of preferred courses, students are invited to visit this page with their UNILAG email account. Students without UNILAG email accounts and those with issues with their UNILAG email accounts are advised to contact CITS via email@example.com.
Please note that the duration allowed for participation is four (4) weeks.
The Free Coursera Courses for Students Project is being sponsored by the African Engineering and Technology Network (AFRETEC), with funding from the MasterCard Foundation. AFRETEC is a conglomerate of six (6) African universities working to promote inclusive digital transformation in Africa. It comprises: University of Lagos, Nigeria; American University, Cairo, Egypt; University of Nairobi, Kenya; University of Rwanda, Kigali; and Carnegie Mellon University, Kigali.