The Department of Mathematics, University of Lagos (UNILAG) is set to host its first Summer University Mathematics School (SUMS) from Monday, August 21 to Friday, August 25, 2023.
Students of Mathematics from universities across Nigeria are invited to participate in the one-week intensive programme that will focus on advanced Mathematics research techniques and software training. Some of the subjects that participants will be exposed to at the school include:
- Python for Algebra and Schubert’s Varieties.
- Numerical treatment of convergence of iterative schemes for some fixed-point operators.
- Differential Transform Methods
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Programming: R, Python, Maple. and MATLAB
- Recent research problems in Mathematical Analysis, and
- How to Write Research Articles
At the Summer Mathematics School (SUMS), seasoned Professors, who are international experts in their various areas of specialty, will be available to clarify any doubts in any area of Mathematics. Similarly, rigorous mathematical concepts will be examined, and participants will have the opportunity to explore the beauty of Mathematics.
For further information about SUMS, please visit the Mathematics Departmental Office, Faculty of Science, UNILAG or send an email to the Head of Mathematics Department via: email@example.com