The Distance Learning Institute, University of Lagos, on Friday 12th May, 2023, celebrated its staff who recently retired from University Service.
The thirteen (13) retired staff and their designations are as follows:
- Mr. T. O. Adebule – Institute Secretary/Deputy Registrar
- Dr. Joy C. Iyiegbuniwe – Senior Lecturer/Ag. HoD
- Dr. A. I. Opara – Senior Lecturer
- Ms. G. E. Obiora – Lecturer
- Mrs. V. R. Ikwele – Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. O. Boriowo – Account Officer
- Chief F. U. Afor – Data Processing Officer
- Mrs. R. I. Obadiuno – Processing Officer
- Mr. R. Jaiyeola – Data Processing Officer
- Mr. S. O. Odufuye – Transport Unit – Driver
- Mr. John Ileogben – Maintenance Unit
- Mr. Sylvester Akinola – Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Idoko Cyprian – Principal Executive Officer – Records
Speaking at the event which held at DLI Hall, the Director, Professor Uchenne Udeani thanked the retirees for honouring the Institute’s invitation, and for contributing immensely to the Institute’s development. She urged them to continue in their good deeds of adding value to mankind.
Prof. Udeani enjoined current staff to emulate the good works of the retired staff, and aspire to do better. While specially congratulating one of the honourees, Mr. Sylvester Akinola who was celebrating his 65th birthday, the DLI Director prayed for him to experience more years in good health and sound mind.
Testifying at the event, some staff who had worked with the retirees attested to their contributions to keep their unit moving as well as achieve the aims and objectives of the Institute. Awards of Recognition and gifts were presented to the retirees as tokens of appreciation for their dedication to service.
In a brief remark, the Institute Secretary, Mr. Oke Olagoke thanked the Institute’s staff and honourees for gracing the occasion. He wished everyone journey mercies back to their various destinations.
Below is a photo-reel of the event.