The Counselling Unit of the UNILAG Student Affairs Division, in partnership with Knowledge Digest Africa (KDA), will host a Youth Empowerment Programme (YEP) for the student populace on Monday, April 17, 2023 at 9:00am in the J. F. Ade-Ajayi Auditorium.
The programme, which is themed “Digital Wealth Creation Summit”, will expose students to legitimate digital wealth creation channels, Future-of-Work opportunities and freelancing avenues to make money as students.
Some aims and objectives of the programme are:
- To provide students with linkages to industries.
- To reposition the mindset of students to discover their innate gifts, acquire skills that will hone them, and to understand how to monetize their knowledge.
- To create a platform for internship opportunities for students.
- To empower graduating students with the needed skills to successfully search for jobs after graduation.
- To give the University of Lagos students a competitive edge over their counterparts.
To register for the programme, click here.
Speakers expected at the event include:
- Samson Olatunde -Event Convener and Founder, Knowledge Digest Africa
- Dr. Ademola Adeleke-Deputy Director, Payments Management System, Central Bank of Nigeria
- Paul Okunaiya -Group Chief Investment Officer, Nigeria Exchange Group
- Enahoro Okhae -CEO GIGM/ Pause Factory.
- Sola Adesakin -CEO, Smart Stewards
- Gbenga Totoyi -Founder, Alan and Grant
- Karen Ubani Alli -Founder & CEO Karen Ubani Clothing
- Olufemi Oyewunmi -CEO, School of Wealth
- Dr. Haasan Ismail -CEO Eystone Development& Investment Limited.
- David Lanre Messan -Founder First Founders Inc.
- Temitope Hundeyin -Co-Founder, Zoperpay
The event will also feature a panel session that showcases entrepreneurs who are Alumni of the University of Lagos. Some of these are:
- Bunmi Obakoya – Businesswoman
- Adedoyin Faith Akinwale – Fashion Designer
- Odunayo Ibrahim – CEO, Sally Events
- Anifowose Segun Johnson – CEO, Quick Service Restaurant
For additional information and updates, please follow Knowledge Digest Africa on Instagram.
Again, to register for the programme, click here.