The University of Lagos, on Monday, March 27, 2023, played host to an educational fair to highlight available postgraduate studies opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses in top notch universities in the United States of America.
The event anchored by the University’s Office of International Relations, Partnership and Prospects (IRPP) in collaboration with SEED Global Education, was held at the Rahaman Adisa Bello Auditorium, UNILAG, Akoka.
The Fair featured the following Universities:
- Boston University: an International institution that values diversity of thoughts and supports students to enhance research and advance learning outcome.
- George Washington University: A private federally chartered research University.
- Drexel University: a world class comprehensive research institution.
- NYU Tandom school of Engineering: the oldest private Engineering and Technology School in USA.
In his remarks, the Regional Director of SEED Global Education in Africa, JoJo Quansah explained that the Fair aimed to provide a platform for prospective postgraduate students to interact with admission officers of highly rated Engineering and Sciences Schools in the USA.
He urged UNILAG students to take advantage of the Fair to gain knowledge on overseas’ postgraduate career development, overseas.
Thereafter, presentations were made by representatives of various tertiary institutions
- Director, Master’s Marketing and Enrolment, Boston University, Mark Harm
- Associate Director, Admissions and International partnership, George Washington University, Katherine Huggins
- Associate Director, International Admission, Drexel University, Jacob Reckford; and
- Assistant Director, Graduate Enrolment Management and Admissions Tandom School of Engineering, Carrie Bowling
The presentations covered several aspects of foreign tertiary education such as scholarship awards, career development, research and learning opportunities.