Further to the Vice Chancellor’s approval that the meeting of Congregation be held on Thursday, February 16, 2023, at 10.00 a.m., the procedure for the election of representative(s) of Congregation on the Governing Council, Senate, Budget Monitoring Committee, International School Management Board and Housing Committee shall be as follows:
- Members of Congregation are to confirm their eligibility on the Congregation register as provided by HRMD on the University website (www.unilag.edu.ng ) from Friday, February 3, 2023 to Friday, February 10, 2023, by typing their UNILAG email address in the space provided.
- Persons with complaints on eligibility are advised to interface with the Deputy Registrar, HRMD between Tuesday, February 7, 2023 and Friday, February 10, 2023.
- Resolved cases on eligibility shall be forwarded by HRMD to CITS through the Senate and Ceremonies Unit for update not later than 10 a.m. on Monday, February 13, 2023.
- Interested candidates for elective positions should download nomination forms from the University website or alternatively pick nomination forms from their respective Faculties/Departments/Units or Senate & Ceremonies Unit.
- Photograph of the proposed candidate should be glued or sellotaped (not stapled with pin) on the Proposal Form.
- Hardcopy of the completed Nomination Form should be returned to the Senate & Ceremonies Unit not later than 10 a.m. on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
- The list of duly nominated persons into various elective positions as representative of Congregation shall be displayed on the University website as from 7 p.m. on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
- Blended Meeting of Congregation shall hold at 10.00 a.m. on Thursday, February 16, 2023. Accreditation and voting shall be electronic (virtual) followed by elections into various positions.
- The link/passcode to join the virtual meeting shall be received in the UNILAG email addresses of members.
- All complaints should be directed to the following helplines:
- Dr. I. Adewale – 09086796098
- Mrs. Eunice Taiwo – 08089210287
The procedure for Electronic voting is as follows:
- It is mandatory for members to have access to their UNILAG email addresses.
- Access to the virtual platform for the meeting of Congregation shall open at 9.45 a.m. on Thursday, February 16, 2023. To avoid a breach of the procedure on technical grounds, the virtual meeting of Congregation must have been duly constituted (quorate) before the commencement of the meeting. Members are therefore enjoined to attend punctually.
- The link/passcode for the virtual meeting shall be batched and the groupings shall be forwarded through UNILAG email addresses to members of Congregation not later than Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
- E-voting shall commence immediately after the conclusion of the meeting of Congregation.
- Eligible voters shall receive access code to the voting platform in their UNILAG email addresses from 8 a.m. on Thursday, February 16, 2023 and shall proceed to vote on the voting platform from 12 Mid-day to 2 p.m.
- The principle of ‘one man, one vote’ shall subsist, thus, eligible voters can only vote once.
- Members shall log into the electronic voting portal to make their choices of preferred candidates. Voters shall click submit on the electronic voting portal on selection of their choice candidate(s).
- The candidates for elections or their nominees (representatives) may be present at the “Control Room” in CITS during the period of voting to monitor the election as it progresses. The candidates are to submit in writing their nominees (representatives) to the Senate and Ceremonies Unit not later than 10 a.m. on Tuesday, February 14, 2023.
- Complaints during e-voting should be forwarded to email@example.com.
- Results of elections shall be displayed/announced on the University website on conclusion of the e-voting exercise.
* Members of Congregation without UNILAG email address/password cannot vote during the election. Kindly ensure you have access to your email address.
* Please note that submissions towards the postponed Meeting of Congregation of November 8, 2022, would not subsist, candidates interested to stand for election are therefore urged to indicate their intention afresh.
Kindly note that the links to the advertised positions are below: