The National Pension Commission (PenCom) has commenced the 2023 Online Verification and Enrolment for all members of staff due for retirement in 2023.
The exercise which will end on Saturday, December 31, 2022, is for:
1. Staff of the University who are due to retire between January and December 2023 by virtue of attaining the age of:
(a) Seventy (70) years for the Professorial Cadre, or
(b) Sixty-Five (65) years for all other cadres.
2. Former members of staff of the University who are yet to be enrolled with PenCom but had retired: Statutorily; Voluntarily; or Mandatorily.
All retirees/prospective retirees are requested to visit their Pension Fund Administrators (PFAs) to undergo Data Re-capture exercise before the enrolment exercise. The required documents for verification are as follows:
- Letter of First Appointment/Gazette/Attestation
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- Promotion Letter & Pay slips as at 30 June, 2004
- Promotion Letters & Pay slips from 30 June, 2004 to December, 2006
- Promotion Letters & Pay slips from January, 2007 to December, 2009
- Promotion Letters & Pay slips from January, 2010 to December, 2012
- Promotion Letters & Pay slips from January, 2013 to December, 2015
- Promotion Letters & Pay slips from January, 2016 to December, 2018
- Promotion Letters & Pay slips from January, 2019 to December, 2020
- Last Promotion Letter & Pay Slip
- Evidence of Transfer of Service
- Evidence of Acceptance of Transfer of Service
- Letter of Introduction from MDA
- Copy of Staff ID Card (where applicable)
- Evidence of Change of Name (where applicable)
- Record of Service
- Medical Report (where applicable)
- Evidence of Extension of Service (where applicable)
- Copy of PDO ID card (For Health Challenged Retiree)
- Letter of Introduction from MDA for PDO (Health Challenged Retiree)
Similarly, members of staff in this category who have not been added to the WhatsApp platform created for retirees and intending retirees are to visit the Pension and Retirement Unit for their numbers to be added to the platform. For further information and enquiries, please contact: Pension and Retirement Unit, Human Resource Management Directorate, Room 265, 2nd Floor, Senate House, UNILAG, Akoka.