The University of Lagos invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Pastor Enoch A. Adeboye Professorial Chair in Mathematics.
- JOB DESCRIPTION
The person that will occupy the Pastor E.A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the Department of Mathematics and carry out research in any specialized area of Mathematics. He/She shall present an Annual Lecture as well as deliver a Terminal Public Lecture on his/her accomplishments at the end of the tenure.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The successful candidate, who would be called Pastor Enoch Adeboye “Outstanding” Professor of Mathematics, in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his or her outstanding accomplishments must possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- A Ph.D. in Mathematics from a reputable University.
- At least 10 years post- Ph.D. teaching experience
- An impeccable record of teaching and research career in the professorial cadre. (i.e Professor or Associate Professor). Part of a demonstrable indicator of research achievements is the number of Ph.D. students successfully supervised by the candidate.
- Strong proof of continuing research in Mathematics.
- Administrative and Academic Leadership skills, communication and interpersonal skills and must be of proven integrity.
- Information Technology (IT) skills.
- Membership of Learned Societies in the Mathematical Sciences.
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e. CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other incentives include:
- Secretary/Personal Assistant
- Transport (Car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal Allowance
- Learned Society Subscription Allowance
- Local Transport and Travelling Allowance
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing Allowance
- Attendance at International/Local Conferences/Lectures support
- TENURE: The Chair has a tenure of TWO YEARS and is renewed for another two years
- OTHER CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
As contained in the University of Lagos Regulations Governing the Conditions of Service of Senior Staff.
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit three bound copies of publications along with fifteen (15) copies of detailed applications and curriculum vitae. The CV should include:
- Name in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Telephone No. (Mobile)
- Marital Status
- Number and Age of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including distinction with dates)
- Statement of experience including details of the former and present post.
- Detailed list of publications.
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three referees
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed
Candidates should submit a signed, scanned application and current CV online to www.unilag.edu.ng (recruitment.unilag.edu.ng) or deliver hard copies of their application to:
The Deputy Registrar
Human Resources Management Directorate
2nd Floor, Senate House,
University of Lagos.
Akoka – Lagos
7. Further enquiries should be directed to:
Office of Advancement
University of Lagos
Mobile No: 08158454145
8. CLOSING DATE
Application and supporting materials should be forwarded to the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Management Directorate, University of Lagos, Akoka, not later than Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication (Monday, November 14, 2022 – Monday, December 26, 2022).
Oladejo Azeez, Esq
Registrar and Secretary to Council