The Human Resources Development Centre (HRDC) of the University of Lagos announces a 4-day purposive training on “EFFICIENT UNIVERSITY COUNCIL AFFAIRS MANAGEMENT FOR COUNCIL AFFAIRS OFFICERS OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES”.
The training is designed to equip Council Affairs Officers with leadership responsibilities for efficiency and good governance in Universities.
Through the training, participants will be able to;
- Appreciate governance structure of universities and relationship between Management and Council,
- Effectively interpret the University’s act and implications for Council’s decisions,
- Develop critical thinking abilities in handling University’s affairs especially on Council matters,
- Prioritize resources for University’s efficient service delivery,
- Produce effective minutes of Council meetings and other Committees of Council
- Effectively coordinate the welfare, protocol, passages and logistics of Council members and
- Apply the knowledge acquired to efficiently and effectively manage Council Affairs office
Training contents include;
- Overview of the University system,
- Protocol, passages and welfare of Council members and involvement in University ceremonies,
- Understanding statutory laws and circulars,
- Governance structure and responsibility lines in the University,
- Information management in the digital age,
- Role of Management and Council in Procurement process,
- Various statutory bodies and their responsibilities,
- Security issues in the University environment,
- Time and resources planning and prioritization for efficient University service delivery.
The training course is designed for Council Affairs Officers of Nigerian Universities.
- Lectures, Discussions, Syndicate works and Case studies.
- Audio-visual aids may be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Post-training assessments will be used to measure the outcomes of the training.
N75,000 per participant.
Date: Tuesday, March 1 to Friday, March 4, 2022.
Venue: HRDC Building, UNILAG.
Duration: 4 days
Each participant with 100% attendance will obtain a Certificate of Participation issued by the Human Resources Development Centre (HRDC), University of Lagos.
PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT
Step 1: Visit the HRDC website: http://hrdc.unilag.edu.ng
Step 2: Click “HRDC Payment portal” link
Step 3: Select the appropriate customer category (other)
Step 4: Complete the listed fields on the form
- Name of Payee
- Mobile Number
- Email address
- Payment item (Short Term Training)
Step 5: Print the generated slip containing Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number then proceed to any commercial bank for payment.
Participants are advised to bring along their evidence of payment when attending the course.
For further details, please visit: www.hrdc.unilag.edu.ng / call 07038712014