The Institute of Continuing Education (ICE), in collaboration with the Faculties of Art, Education, Management Sciences and Social Sciences, hereby invite applications for admission into the following BA/BSc. Degree Programmes in the Departments listed below:
Faculty of Arts (The programmes under each faculty may appear as a drop-down list)
- Dept of Creative Arts (Theatre Arts, Music and Visual Arts)
- Dept of English Language
- Dept of European Languages & Integration Studies (French and Russian)
- Dept of History and Strategic Studies
- Dept of Philosophy
- Dept of Linguistic, African and Asian Studies (Igbo and Yoruba)
Faculty of Education (Sandwich Programmes)
- Dept of Arts and Social Sciences Education
- Education Business
- Education Christian Religious Studies
- Education Early Childhood
- Education Economics
- Education English
- Education French
- Education Geography
- Education History
- Education Igbo
- Education Islamic Religious Studies
- Education Yoruba
- Dept of Educational Management
- Dept of Education Foundations
- Dept of Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Health Education (Mainstream)
- Human Kinetics Education
- Health Professionals
- Dept of Lifelong and Continuing Education
- Dept of Science and Technology Education
- Education Biology
- Education Chemistry
- Education Home economics
- Education Integrated Science
- Education Mathematics
- Education Physics
- Education Technology
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Dept of Actuarial Science & Insurance
- Actuarial Science
- Dept of Employment Relations and Human Resource Management
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management (IRPM)
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Dept of Mass Communication
- Dept of Sociology
- Dept of Social Work
- Dept of Psychology
The Institute of continuing Education (ICE) requires that candidates possess at least one of the following to qualify for admission into any of its programmes.
- WASC/SSCE/NECO/GCE (O’ level) or equivalent with Credit in at least (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings.
- GCE (A’ Level) or Cambridge Examination or equivalent with principal passes in at least two (2) relevant subjects.
- Diploma certificate (OND or HND) from any polytechnic or NCE from any college of Education approved by the government.
- A First Degree of the University of Lagos or any other comparable institution approved by the Senate.
- A JUPEB result with a minimum of 2.00 Point.
- In addition, Candidates must not be less than 21 years of age and must fulfil any other requirement set by the Faculty/Department where the programme is domiciled. Visit www.ice.unilag.edu.ng for details.
- Candidates are required to participate in an entrance examination scheduled as follows:
Date: Saturday, December 4th 2021
Time: 8 am
Venue: Examinations will be held in Lecturer Theatres within the various Faculties.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application will be in two stages:
Stage 1: Log in to JAMB CAPS website and register. Pay a sum of ₦3,500 to enable you obtain a JAMB registration number. NO UTME EXAM is required.
- Log in to UNILAG application portal – http://applications.unilag.edu.ng
- Click “Start Fresh Application”
- Select ICE as application type, then provide your Surname, First Name, Middle Name, JAMB registration number, Mobile Phone Number and E-mail Address.
- Click the “Pay now” to pay online, the processing fee of ₦11,500 (Eleven Thousand, Five Hundred Naira Only) or Print the Payment Advice with Remita Number to make payment at any bank within the University off Lagos.
- Return to the Application Portal – http://applications.unilag.edu.ng after payment, click “continue application”, enter your payment reference number and your surname in lower case as password.
- Complete all the required details and upload the necessary documents
- Complete the application form, submit online and print two copies. (Candidate can save their application form for later editing)
- Submit one of the hard copies of the completed forms in colour prints to the Department you have applied to or to the sandwich office for Faculty of Education programmes.
- Candidates are expected at the examination venue by 7.45 am with a color print of their application forms.
- Provisional Admission Letters would be ready for collection two weeks after the entrance examination.
For further enquiries, contact us at: Institute for Continuing Education, 2nd Floor, Bookshop Building, University of Lagos.
E-Mail: email@example.com or call any of the following numbers: 08033326802, 08168686636, 08062468854, 08023388817, 08023312247, 08068918535, 08033047973, 08068918535, 08033486140, 08033486140, 08023405801, 08076083266, 08023003675, 08068918535, 07063402772, 09153498141, 07055817017, 08033230690, 08166309688, 08054328050, 08028939712.