The University of Lagos Business School (ULBS) was set up to advance the culture of excellence in executive education by the University of Lagos. The university’s strategic location and capabilities provide a unique environment that is conducive for executive education and learning. The EMPH programme is designed to advance knowledge and skills in a wide range of public health practices and to prepare students for analytical, technical, consulting and management skills in corporate and government establishments.
The specific objectives of the EMPH Programme include:
1. Exposing students to the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage the health sector in private, corporate organizations and government institutions.
2. Enabling students with the prerequisite familiarity to health delivery systems for leadership in public health, primary healthcare delivery and corporate organization
3. Providing students opportunities for capacity building in nation’s health services.
The ULBS hereby invites qualified candidates to apply for the EMPH programme.
Any of the following qualifications may be considered for admission into the EMPH programme:
- Bachelor’s degree from any approved University in any of the fields of Biological, Social and Natural sciences
- Candidates with other relevant degrees who possess a PGD in public health from an approved Institution.
- Candidates must have a minimum of FIVE years post-degree experience in health-related fields or organization.
- Candidates will be required to go through a selection process which includes a virtual interview.
- Candidates will be required to fulfill other requirements as specified by University of Lagos Business School
Applicants are expected to submit a one-page statement of purpose. This should include but is not limited to information on your professional background, academic interests, achievements, career goals, reasons for wishing to undertake this course, and long-term career/professional plans. Submissions should be single-spaced, 1-inch margin, Arial 12-point font size and not more than one-page in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 6th August, 2021.
PROGRAMME DURATION: Twenty-four (24) months consisting of 4 semesters of 16 weeks each (Classes holds on Friday:
5pm-8pm; Saturday: 9am-5pm; Remote/Online Learning inclusive).
THE CURRICULUM: The curriculum is designed to equip the students with in-depth knowledge and skills for leadership in public health and health management planning, sharpen their analytical skills and critical thinking to enable them objectively assess environmental factors in public health and as well as government interventions in their immediate locality, the nation and the world.
STUDY MODE: Lectures, case studies, seminars and presentations. Intensive lecture week of five days holds on Monday to Friday, once in each of the semesters, preparatory to assessment. Our classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities.
DEGREE AWARDED – Master of Public Health (MPH)
COMMENCEMENT AND GRADUATION DATES
PROGRAM PERIOD – Resumption Date: September 4, 2021. Graduation Date: September 9, 2023.
APPLICATION PERIOD: – Monday, May, 3, 2021 – Friday, July 30, 2021. CLOSING DATE: Friday, July 30, 2021
SELECTION INTERVIEW: Monday, 9th August 2021 – Thursday, 13th August 2021
HOW TO APPLY:
To make an application kindly visit: https://ulbs.unilag.edu.ng click Programmes, select EMPH- Click on apply now.
For further information, please contact:
Adefarakan, O. Samson (Mr.) Administrative Secretary, University of Lagos Business School (ULBS)
Email: email@example.com Tel: 08037225223, 07051174444, 07055960077- (weekdays/8am-4pm).
Visit the ULBS office: 3rd floor, UNILAG Alumni Jubilee House (GTBank) University of Lagos. Akoka. Lagos.