The University of Lagos invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the Dr. Mike Adenuga (Jnr.) Professorial Chair in Entrepreneurial Studies.
A. JOB DESCRIPTION
The occupier of the Dr. Mike Adenuga (Jnr.) Professorial Chair in Entrepreneurial Studies shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Entrepreneurship and carry out research in any specialized area of Entrepreneurship. He/She shall deliver, from time to time, Public Lectures in Entrepreneurship to stimulate and enhance Industry/Academia cooperation through the use of research findings in Entrepreneurship. In addition to the regular public lectures, the occupier of the Dr. Mike Adenuga (Jnr.) Professorial Chair in Entrepreneurial Studies must deliver a Special Annual Lecture. He / She must also deliver a Special Terminal Public Lecture on his/her accomplishments at the end of the tenure.
B.MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Candidates must possess:
- A good first degree and a Ph.D in Entrepreneurship or Business Administration (specialization n Entrepreneurship) from a reputable University.
- Not less than ten (10) years of teaching and research experience from the date of appointment as Lecturer II in a University.
- Must have been an Associate Professor for at least three (3) years or Senior Lecturer for at least six (6) years at the time of application.
- An impeccable record of teaching and Continuing Research in Entrepreneurship.
- Administrative and academic leadership skills as well as communication and interpersonal skills.He/She must be of proven integrity.
- Appreciable evidence of Scholarly publications in reputable national and international journals.
The successful applicant on being appointed, would be addressed as Dr. Mike Adenuga (Jnr.)Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies.
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal Allowance
- Learned Society subscription Allowance
- Local Transport and Travelling
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing Allowance
D. TENURE: The Chair has a tenure of two years in the first instance and may be renewed for another two years.
E. CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
As contained in the University of Lagos Conditions of Service Governing Senior Staff.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit three bound copies of publications along with ten (10) copies of detailed application and curriculum vitae. The CV should include:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Postal Address
- Telephone No. (Landline/Mobile)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualification (including distinctions and credit with dates)
- Statement of experience
- Detailed list of publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three referees
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed
All applicants are to visit recruitment.unilag.edu.ng to complete the online application and attach the acknowledgement print-out to their written application.
Further enquiries should be directed to:
The Director Deputy Registrar
Office of Advancement Human Resource Management Department,
Top Floor, 2nd Floor, Senate House,
Bookshop Building, University of Lagos.
University of Lagos. Mobile No: 08029914599
Mobile No: 08037257799 E-Mail: email@example.com
Application and supporting materials (10 copies) should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar, Human Resource Management Department, University of Lagos, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Dr. (Mrs) Taiwo Folasade Ipaye, FNIM
Registrar and Secretary to Council