The University of Lagos Staff Multipurpose Cooperative Society Limited will hold election of officers into its Management Committee on Thursday, November 22, 2018 at the J. F. Ade-Ajayi Auditorium.
Details of the election activities are as follows:
A. Vacant Posts:
- Vice President
- General Secretary
- Assistant General Secretary
- Financial Secretary*
- Chairman, Supervisory Committee
- Two (2) Members, Supervisory Committee
B. Eligibility Conditions:
Candidates for vacant posts must:
- Have a minimum of first degree (Bachelor’s degree or HND)
- Candidates for the asterisked (*) posts must be members of relevant Professional Bodies
- Have spent a minimum of five (5) years as a member of the Cooperative.
- Not be less than ten (10) years in the University of Lagos service, holding permanent, confirmed and pensionable appointment.
- Have at least five (5) full years before retirement with effect from October 1, 2018.
- Not have been found guilty of misconduct.
- Be of high moral standard, proven integrity and impeccable character.
- Not be holding a similar position in any society within and outside the university.
- Not have occupied the same position for two consecutive terms
- Possess relevant experience for the position applied for
C. Electoral Forms
Eligible candidate are to collect Electoral Forms from the Secretariat of the Society located at HRDC Building, near Iwaya second gate, UNILAG. The forms are to be collected from 10:00a.m on Monday, November 5 to Friday, November 9, 2018. Candidates are required to get the Personnel Unit to endorse the appropriate section of the form. Completed forms must be submitted on or before 3:00p.m. on Friday, November 9, 2018 at the Secretariat. The register for this purpose should be duly completed and signed.
D. Screening of Candidates:
Applicants will be screened on Monday, November 12 & Tuesday, November 13, 2018 between 12:00noon and 4:00p.m. Results of the screening will be published on Wednesday, November 14, 2018. This exercise is to give applicants ample opportunity for fair hearing.
E. Presentation of Manifesto:
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to present their programmes and visions to the voters – the electorates and answer questions that may be thrown at them.
F. Election Programme:
|i.||Advertisement||November 5, 2018|
|ii.||Collection of Electoral forms||November 6, 2018|
|iii.||Submission of Electoral forms||November 9, 2018|
|iv.||Screening of Aspirants||November 12 – 13, 2018|
|v.||Publication of Eligible Aspirants||November 14, 2018|
|vi.||Interaction with Aspirants||November 15, 2018|
|vii.||Display of Qualified Aspirants||November 16, 2018|
|viii.||Campaign by Qualified Candidates||November 19 – 21, 2018|
|ix.||Election Day||November 22, 2018|
|Accreditation||9:00a.m. – 11:00a.m.|
|Voting||11:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.|