The University of Lagos Consultancy Services hereby requests applications from suitably qualified candidates for the undermentioned position in UNILAG CONSULT LIMITED.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Auditor will be primarily responsible for:
- Verifying all transactions regarding assets, liability, revenue and expenses of the company.
- Performing physical verification of assets both within and outside the company premises.
- Ensuring proper labelling of assets for proper monitoring.
- Enforcing and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of assets register and account payable and receivable records for audit purposes.
- Avoiding legal challenges by complying with legal requirements, including statutory obligations, withholding, corporate tax. VAT and PAYE.
- Securing financial and other information by regular back-ups
- Training and mentoring of junior audit staff.
- Making recommendations to the Managing Director based on timely review process and procedures.
- Carrying out any other work as assigned by the Managing Director.
- System auditing and investigation
- Monitoring and review of controls.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Not more than 40 years of age.
- First degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognised institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower division plus NYSC discharge certificate or evidence of exemption.
- Minimum of Three (3) years post-NYSC experience in any industry, experience in audit practice will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is required.
- Membership of ICAN or any other recognised accounting body is required.
If you meet the requirements above, please forward a letter of application, with 12 copies of your CV, to: The Advertiser, University of Lagos, P.M.B. 1031, Akoka, Lagos or email a copy to:
email@example.com not later than Friday, February 28, 2018