TIME-TABLE FOR RESCHEDULED 2018/2019 ELECTIONS INTO EXECUTIVE POSITIONS IN THE FACULTIES AND DEPARTMENTS.
|1||Monday, 13/8/18||Release of 2018/2019 Election Guidelines for commencement of the electioneering campaigns in Faculties and Departments|
|2||Wednesday, 15/8/18||Meeting with Faculty Sub Deans/Staff Advisers/CITS|
|3||Thursday, 16/8/18||Formation of Electoral Committees by the Staff Advisers and approval of the Electoral Committees by the Dean of Student Affairs|
|4||Friday, 17- Sunday, 26 /8 /18||Online filling and submission of nomination forms.|
|5||Monday, 27/8/18||Deadline for submission of printed copies of nomination forms to the Staff Adviser for screening.|
|6||Monday, 27- Friday, 31/8/18||Screening & vetting of nomination forms by Dean, Student Affairs Division|
|7||Saturday, 1/9/18||Release of names of contestants on the website and Student Affairs Notice Board|
|9||Wednesday, 5/9/18||Elections by e-voting in all Faculties and Departments (9a.m. – 2.00p.m.)|
|10||Yet to be determined||Swearing in Ceremony for Faculties, Departments and DLI Executives|
Please note the following:
- The membership of the Faculty Electoral Committee should be a representative from each Department in the Faculty.
- All registered students for the 2017/2018 session are eligible to vote and be voted for.
- The current year one students (2017/2018) are eligible to vote but not eligible to contest
- Students who have matriculated in a post-secondary higher institutions other than the University of Lagos are not eligible for any position either as members of electoral committee or contestant/candidate for any position.
- Manifestoes for Faculty/Department elections to be held at the same time, a day before Election Day in each Faculty.
- Election to start by 9.00am and close by 2.00pm. The results of the elections will be printed out at CITS in the presence of representatives of Faculties contestants, Security Unit, Director CITS, Dean, Student Affairs, Staff Advisers and Chairmen of Electoral Committees.
Subsequently, same result will be posted on the University Website.
Prof. Ademola Adeleke
Dean, Student Affairs Division