To assist intellectually brilliant students in research work, engender capacity building, strengthening of post-graduate students training in the University, open the doors to several other benefits, the School of Postgraduate Studies instituted a Postgraduate Trust Fund which was officially launched on Thursday, 7th July, 2016 in the University Main Auditorium during its 2015/2016 Academic Session Annual Lecture.
Following the approval for the disbursement of the Funds by the Board of Postgraduate Studies, the School hereby requests interested Ph.D. students to apply for it.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE TRUST FUND
Applicant must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a registered Ph.D. candidate and full-time student.
- Be registered for the year in which the application for Grant is being made.
- Must have not spent more than 3 years before application
- Must have completed Course Work with minimum of 4.50 grade point average approved by Senate.
- Presented his/her first seminar (Pre-Field).
- Show relevance of Ph.D. work to National Development.
- Be recommended by both Supervisor and Departmental Postgraduate Committee.
- Present a 500-word Proposal, which will be followed by Oral Interview.
MODALITIES FOR GRANT DISBURSEMENT
a) Grant will be disbursed in three instalments (in the ratio 40: 40:20), which will be determined by evidence of work done.
- Once grant is approved (1 st tranche will be released)
- When the candidate is about to go to APC (2nd tranche will be released).
- Before the Candidate’s Viva (3 rd tranche will be released).
b) Candidate must commit to complete the work within three years from the date of award; otherwise the remaining part of award will be withdrawn.
c) Pre-field, Post-field and Post Academic Programme Committee (APC) Progress Reports will be required until the work is completed.
PROCESSING OF THE FORM
Application Form is obtainable from the Office of the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies effective from 20th June, 2018.
Completed Application Form should be returned on or before 4 th July, 2018. Applicants should note that there will be penalty for misinformation and distortion of facts presented and that Completed Form not returned within the stipulated period will not be processed