Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2018/2019 Academic Session. Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, University of Birmingham, UK and Soochow University, China. Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one-year programme, teaching subjects in line with JUPEB Syllabus for admission according to the following subject combinations and their respective SFS codes:
|4.||Visual Arts_Christian Religious Studies_Government||SFS04|
|5.||Visual Arts_Christian Religious Studies _Music||SFS05|
|7.||Visual Arts_Literature In English_Music||SFS07|
|16.||Christian Religious Studies_French_ Literature In English||SFS17|
|17.||Christian Religious Studies_ Government_Music||SFS18|
|18.||Christian Religious Studies_ Government_Yoruba||SFS19|
|19.||Christian Religious Studies _Government_Igbo||SFS20|
|20.||Christian Religious Studies_ Literature In English_History||SFS21|
|21.||Christian Religious Studies_ Literature In English_Music||SFS22|
|23.||Economics_ Government_Islamic Studies||SFS24|
|24.||Economics_ Government_ Literature In English||SFS25|
|26.||French_ Government_Islamic Studies||SFS27|
|28.||Government _ Christian Religious Studies _Economics||SFS29|
|29.||Government _History_Islamic Studies||SFS30|
|30.||Government _ Literature In English _History||SFS31|
|31.||Government_ Literature In English _Music||SFS32|
|32.||History_ Government _ Christian Religious Studies||SFS33|
|33.||Islamic Studies_ Government _ Literature In English||SFS34|
|34.||Literature In English _ Government _ Christian Religious Studies||SFS35|
|35.||Literature In English _History_Islamic Studies||SFS36|
|40.||Visual Arts_Government_Islamic Studies||SFS41|
|41.||Visual Arts_ Christian Religious Studies _History||SFS42|
A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained in one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES e-APPLICATION FORM:
- visit the University of Lagos website (www.unilag.edu.ng)
- on the ‘Students’ menu, click on ‘Foundation Program’
- scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Application Form’
- select ‘School of Foundation Studies’ as application type on the application interface
- go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission in the list above
- read the application guidelines on the application interface and complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the applicant’s names.
For University of Lagos Staff Children:
- Click the staff biological child link, provide 5-digit staff ID number and select appropriate name on the staff children list to obtain a payment reference number (PRN).
- Cost of Application Form (including online practice tests (excluding Bank Charges): ₦25,000.00 (non-refundable).
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
Return to the University website, click on School of Foundation Studies and click on continue Application. Log in with PRN and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
N.B.: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online
- The Application opens on Monday, September 17, 2018 and closes on Thursday, October 4, 2018.
- Examination Date: Friday, October 5, 2018
Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (Examination Pass will be generated automatically after successful completion of the application process).
- All Questions are Multiple Choice.
- Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects (according to candidates’ choice of subject combination) of 15 questions each, that is, a total of 85 questions to be answered in 1 hour.
- Students are to report at designated venues – according to the schedule on the Examination Pass.
- All candidates must be at the designated venues two hours before the scheduled Examination time.
Results:- Results and merit admission will be released on the University website.
University of Lagos has zero tolerance for drug abuse, sexual harassment, examination malpractice and other anti-social behaviours. All admitted students will undergo compulsory medical test.
All enquiries are to be made to Director, School of Foundation Studies
+234-09093621958 (please call during office hours only, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.)