The University of Lagos Consultancy Services (UNILAG Consult) and Department of Marine Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for a three-month Certificate Course in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management.
- Introduction to Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Pond Construction and Management
- Understanding Water Quality Variables
- Fish Hatchery Construction, Breeding, Genetics and Management
- Fish Feeds and Feeding
- Live Fish Transportation and Stock Management
- Fish Diseases, Control and Treatment
- Fish Processing, Preservation and Marketing
- Record Keeping in Fish Farming
- Hands-on in Aquaculture Operations
- (Practical Exercises)
This Course is targeted at:
- Managers of Small, Medium & Large Scale Fish Farms
- Fisheries Staff in Ministry, ADPS and Extension Officers
- Agricultural Officers of Agricultural Banks and Other Financial Institutions
- UNILAG Staff and Students
- Nominated Candidates of Local Governments, States, Federal Ministries or Private Establishment and Financial Institutions
- Other Interested Persons
Minimum of WAEC, OND, HND, B.Sc. in any field or its equivalent from any recognized institution.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms are obtainable from the Unilag Consult at the sum of N2,500.00.
Completed application forms must be returned to:
University of Lagos, Akoka – Yaba, Lagos,
Commercial Avenue/Ransome Kuti Road Junction,
Opposite International School.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 08056353085 Ext: 01-8200813
- N120,000.00 (Participants will receive comprehensive self-study manual)
- Unilag Staff and Retirees – N100,000.00(for the first ten)
- Students – N70,000.00 (for the first ten)
Commencement Date: 6th October, 2018
For further enquires, kindly contact:
Dr. S. O. Ayoola,
Department of Marine Sciences,
University of Lagos.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.: 08034650102, 07057807878