MEETINGS OF CONGREGATION: PROCEDURE FOR ELECTION OF CONGREGATION REPRESENTATIVES
The notice of meeting and call for nominees for election of representatives of congregation into Board/Senate/Committee at its meeting on Thursday, 26th July, 2018, refer please.
Consequent on the above, the vice Chancellor has approved the approved the adoption of election voting during the congregation election and all stakeholders are enjoined to note this important procedure for accreditation and voting exercises.
- Members of congregation to check their names on the congregation Register as provided by HRMD on the university website from Tuesday 17th July, 2018 to Friday, 20th July 2018 by typing unilag.edu.ng into their browser or by following the steps listed below:
i. Go to the University website (unilag.edu.ng)
ii. Go to staff menu
iii. Click on Congregation eligibility
iv. Enter your number as appropriate
Complaints in respect of the congregation Register shall be entertained from Tuesday, 17th July, 2018 to Friday, 20th July, 2018 to Friday, 20th July, 2018. Person with complaints are advised to interface with the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Management Department (HRMD) within this period.
2. Nominations into various elective positions as representative of Congregation shall be displayed on the University website on Tuesday, 24th July, 2018.
3. Meetings of congregation shall hold at F.Ade Ajayi Auditorium at 2.00pm. However, accreditation and electronics voting shall take place at the MTN Foundation Digital Library, Akintunde Ojo Hall beside J.F Ade Ajayi Auditorium)
4. Election to various positions shall hold on Thursday, 26th, July, 2018 after the conclusion of congregation meeting.
5. The electoral process shall be as follows:
i. Accreditation of members of congregation shall commence from 00am to 2.30pm. Members are enjoined to adhere to the period of accreditation to avoid being disenfranchised.
ii. Access to the accreditation venue shall be restricted from 2.30p.m until the time of voting.
iii. Members of congregation shall present their staff identification card or any valid means of identification (such as permanent voters card, National Identity Card, international passport etc ) to designated officials for verification on the list of congregation members as provided by HRMD.
iv. Officials shall generate and issue Accreditation Slips to successfully verified Congregation members
v. Duly accreditation members shall proceed to attend the meeting of Congregation at the J.F Ade Ajayi Auditorium which shall commence at 2.00pm.
vi. Accreditation shall end at 2.30pm (only those within the accreditation venue that are yet to be accredited shall be attended to by the close of accreditation at 2.30p.m)
B. Voting Exercise
i. On conclusion of the meeting of congregation, members shall proceed the MTN Foundation Digital Library, Akintunde Ojo Hall (beside J.F Ade Ajayi auditorium) to cast their votes.
ii. Members shall login to the electronic voting portal at the MTN Foundation Digital Library with the details on their respective Accreditation slips for choice of their preferred candidates.
iii. Voters shall click submit on the electronic voting portal after selecting their choice candidate(s)
iv. Results of election shall be displayed / announced on the university website
v. Nominees or their representatives / agents shall be allowed to monitor the progress of the voting process.
Furthermore, stakeholder are kindly requested to note that the Agenda and Minutes of Meeting of Congregation held on 27th July, 2017 shall be available in their respectively e-mail addresses from Monday, 23rd July, 2018. Stakeholders are also requested to forward their observations/non receipt of the mail to email@example.com