MEETING OF CONVOCATION AND PROCEDURE FOR ELECTION OF REPRESENTATIVE OF CONVOCATION TO SERVE ON COUNCIL
The notice of meeting and call for nominees for election of representative of Convocation on Council at its meeting on Wednesday, September 12, 2018, refer, please.
Consequent on the above, all stakeholders are enjoined to note this important procedure for accreditation and voting exercises.
- Members of Convocation to check their names on the Convocation Register as provided by HRMD on the University website from 12 mid day, Monday, September 10, 2018 to 12 mid day, Tuesday, September 11, 2018 by following the steps listed below:
- Go to the University website (www.unilag.edu.ng)
- Go to Staff menu;click Convocation Members and check for name.
Complaints in respect of the Convocation Register shall be entertained from 12 mid day, Monday, September 10, 2018 to 12 mid day, Tuesday, September 11, 2018. Persons with complaints are advised to interface with the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Management Department (HRMD) within this period.
- Nomination as representative of Convocation shall be displayed on the University website on Tuesday, September 11, 2018.
- Meeting of Convocation shall hold at J. F. Ade. Ajayi Auditorium at 2.00p.m. Accreditation shall also take place at the same venue.
- Election as representative of Convocation on Council shall hold on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 after the conclusion of Convocation meeting.
- The Electoral process shall be as follows:
- Electronic Accreditation
- Accreditation of Members of Convocation shall commence from 10.00a.m. to 2.30p.m. Members are enjoined to adhere to the period of accreditation.
- Members of Convocation shall present their Staff Identification Card or any valid means of identification (such as Permanent Voter’s Card, National Identity Card, International Passport etc.) to designated officials for verification on the list of Convocation members as provided by HRMD.
iii. Officials shall generate and issue Accreditation Slips to successfully verified Convocation members.
- Duly accredited members shall attend the meeting of Convocation at the J. F. Ade. Ajayi Auditorium which shall commence at 2.00p.m.
- Accreditation shall end at 2.30p.m. (Only those within the accreditation venue that are yet to be accredited shall be attended to by the close of accreditation at 2.30p.m.)
- Voting Exercise
- On conclusion of the Meeting of Convocation, Members shall elect its representative on Council.
- Representative of Convocation shall be elected by secret ballot or show of hands.
iii. If there is a tie between two or more candidates for the position there shall be further ballots or show of hands until one of the candidates receives the greatest number of votes.
- A certificate signed by the person presiding that a candidate has been duly elected shall be conclusive evidence that the candidate so named has been duly elected.
- Results of elections shall be displayed/announced on the University website.
Furthermore, stakeholders are kindly requested to note that the Agenda and Minutes of Meeting of Convocation held on 11th December, 2013 shall be available in their respective e-mail addresses from Monday, September 10, 2018. Stakeholders are also requested to forward their observations/non receipt of the mail to email@example.com.