The Governing Council of Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil at its 39th Meeting held on Tuesday, 3rd October, 2017 decided to fill the Position of Vice-Chancellor at the expiration of the term of the incumbent on 6th December, 2017.
Consequently, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy.
- Mode of Application:
(a). Interested Candidates are advised to submit soft copies of their Curriculum Vitae with 20 hard copies containing the following information:
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Administrative Experience
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Community/Public Service
(b). Applications must be accompanied by three (3) referee reports.
(c). A Letter of Consent duly signed by the candidate must accompany the Curriculum Vitae in respect of searched or nominated candidates.
- Terms and Conditions of Service applicable to the Post:
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the Letter of Appointment.
3. Qualifications and Qualities Required of the Candidate:
Candidates to be appointed for the post must:
- Be a Professor
- Be of Proven Integrity
- Have requisite qualities and qualifications for providing dynamic leadership to the University
- Be of proven intellectual standing with requisite Credentials confirming outstanding academic and other achievements
- Be a man of honour and integrity
- Have a personality that is likely to gain respect from staff and students of the University
- Be morally upright and capable of running the University administration with justice, equity and fairness
- Be a man of distinction capable of taking right decisions and following laid down procedures
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Be of good health and free from pecuniary embarrassment.
4. Applications must be addressed to
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil,
P.M.B. 3244, Kano,
On or Before Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Registrar and Secretary To Council
Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil, Kano State
For: Chairman, Search Panel