The University of Lagos has been selected as one of the focus universities for the selection of scholars for the 2018 Rhodes Scholarship.
The Management of Rhodes Scholarship for West Africa is therefore inviting accomplished and outstanding University of Lagos graduates between the ages of 19-25 to apply for the 2018 Rhodes Scholarship for West Africa.
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptionally bright students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
The scholarship is targeted at top class individuals with the following principal qualities:
- Literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence).
- Energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theater, and other artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved).
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindness, unselfishness and fellowship.
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
The selected scholar will be entitled to:
- Full tuition fees to pursue any course available at Oxford (with minor limitations) for two years with an option of a third year.
- A maintenance stipend that will cover accommodation, feeding and incidentals
- Tailored leadership courses designed to equip the scholar on how to solve critical problems in any community they find themselves.
- One economy class airfare to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure.
For more information on the application procedure, eligibility criteria and to apply for the 2018 scholarship, interested candidates should visit:
The application process is now opened and will close on Saturday 30th September, 2017.