The University of Lagos, a Federal Tertiary Institution established by the University of Lagos Act, 1967 (as amended) CAP U9 Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004 and having its main campus at Akoka, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria is desirous of embarking on the under-listed projects to be procured with Auxiliary Funds. Interested and reputable bidders are hereby invited to indicate interest in the tender exercise for projects as described hereunder:
|S/N||Projects||Contract No.||Scope||Non-Refundable Prequalification Fees|
|1.||LOT 1 – Procurement of Lecture Room Furniture for Distance Leaning Institute.
|UL/AUX/17/PU/04||Supply and installation of composite metal/HDF student chairs and table for lecture room.||N 20,000.00|
|2.||LOT 2 – Replacement of Damaged External Ceiling And Fascia of MakamaBida Hall of Residence.||UL/AUX/17/PU/05||Wood and Metal Works with all associated installation inclusive of steel scaffolding.||N 10,000.00|
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Memorandum and Article of Association of the company along with Particulars of Directors ( Form CO7) and up to date Annual Returns with CAC.
- A Sworn Affidavit certifying as follows:
- The company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
- The company does not have any director who has been convicted by any court in Nigeria and any other country for criminal offences in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
- That no officer of the University of Lagos or BPP is a former or present director or shareholder of the company.
- That all information presented in the documents are true and correct in all particulars
- Company Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2014, 2015 and 2016) duly signed and stamped by a professional accounting / audit firm and signed by the Client.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2014, 2015 and 2016).
- Pension Clearance Certificate valid for 2017 issued by the National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
- Industrial Training Fund (I.T.F.) Certificate valid for 2017 in compliance with Section 6 of the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011.
- List of key personnel stating their role, designation qualification and years of experience.( copy of certificates are to be attached).
- Company’s Health Safety and Environment policy.
- Satisfactory bank reference from a reputable bank stating the Company’s creditworthiness and ability to be granted financial support for the project execution if the need arises.
- Evidence of registration on the National data base of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report valid for 2016 issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement. (BPP).
- Evidence of payment of non-refundable pre-qualification fee at the Cash Office of University of Lagos with a certified bank cheque.
Other requirements for each of the projects are listed as follows:
In respect of LOT 1 –
- Bidders shall have an average annual turnover of not less than N 60,000,000.00 (Sixty Million Naira Only) .
- Evidence of work experience as the main contractor executing or having executed a minimum of two (2) contracts for the supply and installation of lecture room furniture for tertiary institutions in the last five (5) years. Copy of award letters, last interim certificate of valuation for ongoing projects, completion certificate and final maintenance certificates where applicable are to be enclosed.
In respect of LOT 2 –
- Bidders shall have an average annual turnover of not less than N 50,000,000.00 (Fifty Million Naira Only). Evidence of work experience as the main contractor executing or having executed a minimum of two (2) contracts for the rehabilitation and construction of a minimum of 2-storey buildings in the last five (5) years. Copy of award letters, last interim certificate of valuation for ongoing projects, completion certificate and final maintenance certificates where applicable are to be enclosed.
COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Tender documents shall be made available to interested bidders on presentation of the receipt issued at UNILAG Cash Office in respect of the Tender from the office of:
The Ag. Head, Procurement Unit
8th Floor, Senate House,
University of Lagos,
Akoka, Yaba, Lagos.
SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
- The Tender documents should be arranged in the order listed above and three (3) sets should be submitted, an original and two (2) copy version in A4 sized paper, spiral bound, numbered serially and duly signed by your Company authorized signatories.
- The three (3) sets of the under-listed Tender documents should be packaged in separate envelopes, clearly labeled with the bidder’s name and the name of the project boldly marked on all envelopes as:
- PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS FOR ………..……………… (Title of Project)
- FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS FOR …………………………………….. (Title of Project)
The Prequalification document envelope (containing the technical bid) for each project shall be boldly marked with the name of the bidder, project name and contract number and the Standard bidding document envelope (containing the Financial bid) for each project shall be boldly marked with the name of the bidder, project name and contract number. The two envelopes shall be enclosed and sealed in a third envelope and boldly marked with the name of the bidder, project name and contract number, to be submitted not later than 11 a.m. on Thursday, 27th April, 2017 to:
5th Floor, Council Affairs Office
University of Lagos,
Akoka, Yaba, Lagos.
The Prequalification documents shall be opened immediately following the deadline for the submission of bids at the University Council Chamber in the presence of all bidders and interested members of the public.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements shall automatically result in the disqualification of a bidder.
- The University Management reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim made in the Tender documents submitted by bidders.
- The University Management reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time without incurring any liabilities and attributing any reason thereof.
- The University shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by the bidders in connection with response to this advertisement.
- Participation in this process and any related process neither creates any commitment nor establishes any legal relationship with the University of Lagos. It is merely a precondition for further consideration of the Tender.
Dr. (Mrs.) Taiwo F. Ipaye, FNIM
Registrar &Secretary to Council