Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant posts in the University of Lagos.
- Porter – CONTISS 2
- Senior Porter – CONTISS 3
- QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Porter: Candidates for the post of Porter should possess a minimum of JSS 3
Certificate, Secondary Class IV, S.75, plus experience from the Police Service or the Armed Forces.
- Senior Porter: Candidates for the post of Senior Porter should possess in addition to (a)
above; at least five years experience as a Porter from a reputable organisation or of the rank of a constable in the Police/Armed Forces before discharge or SSCE, NECO, GCE O’L with a minimum of three (3) years experience as a Porter or Ex-Sergeant.
- All applicants must be ICT compliant as there will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all.
- Candidates for the positions of Porter and Senior Porter should not be below 35 years of age.
- Must be mentally and physically fit
- Must be mature and able to deal with young adults
SALARY CONTISS 2 = N165,437.04 – N239,538.96
SALARY CONTISS 3 = N172,827.00 – N261,839.04
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
As contained in the University of Lagos Regulations Governing Conditions of Service (Junior Staff)
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications which must be in ten (10) copies should be accompanied with copies of relevant certificates and credentials. Such applications must also be accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) showing the followings: Name, Place and Date of Birth, Sex, Home Address, Postal Address, State of Origin, Nationality, Marital Status, School and Institutions attended with dates, Qualifications attained with dates, Working Experience and Positions held, Name of Employer, Name and Addresses of three (3) Referees plus letter of reference from each of the referees, proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
- CLOSING DATE
Applications are to be addressed to the Deputy Registrar (Non-Teaching), 2nd Floor, Senate House, University of Lagos, Main Campus, Akoka indicating the post for which application is made at the top left corner of the envelope. Candidates are also expected to login to www.recruitment.unilag.edu.ng and complete the online application. The hardcopy of the application should reach the Deputy Registrar (Non-Teaching) not later than forty-two (42) days from the date of this publication.
Dr. (Mrs.) Ipaye, Taiwo Folasade, FNIM
Registrar & Secretary to Council