The University of Lagos Counselling Centre is an organ of the University established for the enhancement of the welfare of students and staff in line with the University vision and mission. The Centre is established to assist clients (students and members of staff) to cope with and prevent vocational, social-personal and other related problems that interfere with their set goals.
Services rendered at the Centre include:
- Individual Counselling
- Group Counselling, Vocational/Career Counselling, Effective Study Habit Training
- Pre-Marital and Marital Counselling
- HIV/AIDS Counselling
- Cultism-related Counselling/Rehabilitation Counselling
- Pre-Retirement Counselling
- Leadership Training/Seminars
The Centre gives
- ENCOURAGEMENT to the Discouraged
- FRIENDSHIP to the Friendless
- HELP to the Helpless
- HOPE to the Hopeless
- LOVE to the Unloved
The Centre also reaches out through a Radio phone-in programme called Counselling Outreach on Radio Unilag 103.1fm every Friday at 3:30p.m. – 4:00p.m.
Facebook: Counsellor Helper and Lag Counsellor
Office Address: 1st Floor, Bookshop Building, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria.
The Centre is managed by professional Counsellors.