Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.
Highly successful candidates, after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, and University of Birmingham, UK and Soochow University, China. Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one-year programme, teaching subjects in line with the JUPEB Syllabus for admission according to the following subject combination groupings:
S/N SUBJECT COMBINATION DESIGNATION
- ACC_BUS_ECO SFS01
- ACC_ECO_GEO SFS02
- ACC_ECO_GOV SFS03
- ART_CRS_GOV SFS04
- ART_CRS_MUS SFS05
- ART_GOV_MUS SFS06
- ART_LIT_MUS SFS07
- ART_MAT_PHY SFS08
- BIO_CHE_PHY SFS09
- BIO_ECO_GEO SFS10
- BIO_ECO_GOV SFS11
- BIO_ECO_LIT SFS12
- BIO_MAT_PHY SFS13
- BUS_ECO_GOV SFS14
- CHE_ECO_MAT SFS15
- CHE_PHY_MAT SFS16
- CRS_FRE_LIT SFS17
- CRS_GOV_MUS SFS18
- CRS_GOV_YOR SFS19
- CRS_GOV_IGB SFS20
- CRS_LIT_HIS SFS21
- CRS_LIT_MUS SFS22
- ECO_GEO_GOV SFS23
- ECO_GOV_ISS SFS24
- ECO_GOV_LIT SFS25
- ECO_MAT_PHY SFS26
- FRE_GOV_ISS SFS27
- FRE_HIS_ISS SFS28
- GOV_CRS_ECO SFS29
- GOV_HIS_ISS SFS30
- GOV_LIT_HIS SFS31
- GOV_LIT_MUS SFS32
- HIS_GOV_CRS SFS33
- ISS_GOV_LIT SFS34
- LIT_GOV_CRS SFS35
- LIT_HIS_ISS SFS36
- MAT_GEO_ECO SFS37
- MAT_PHY_GEO SFS38
- GOV_ISS_ECO SFS39
- BIO_CHE_ECO SFS40
ART Visual Arts
BUS Business Studies
CRS Christian Religious Studies
ISS Islamic Studies
LIT Literature in English
A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained in one sittingat the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
University of Lagos has zero tolerance for drug abuse, sexual harassment, examination malpractice and other anti-social behavior. All admitted students will undergo compulsory medical test.
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES e- APPLICATION FORM:
- visit the University of Lagos website (www.unilag.edu.ng)
- on the prospective students menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies
- go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission.
- complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the applicant’s names.
For University of Lagos Staff Children:
- Click the staff biological child link, provide 5 digit staff ID number and select appropriate name on the staff children list to obtain a payment reference number (PRN).
- Cost of Application Form (including on line practice tests (excluding Bank Charges)): N25, 000.00 (non-refundable).
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
– Return to the University website, click on School of Foundation Studies and click on continue Application. Log in with PRN and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
– Complete the application form, print two copies and bring along to the entrance examination on 10th – 14th July, 2017
N.B.: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online
- The Application opens on Monday, 8th May, 2017 and closes on Friday, 30th June, 2017.
- Examination Dates: 10th – 14th July, 2017.
Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (Please check the Unilag Website a week before examination to verify your venue and examination date).
- All Questions are Multiple Choice.
- Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects (according to candidates choice of subject combination) of 15 questions each, that is, a total of 85 questions to be answered in 1 hour.
- Students are to report at designated venues – according to the schedule on the ExaminationPass.
- All candidates must be at the designated venues two hours before the scheduled Examinationtime.
Results: Results and Merit Admission will be released on the University website on Tuesday, 25th July , 2017.
Registration/Verification: 31st July – 11th August, 2017
Lecture Begins: 14th August, 2017
Period of Programme: 31st July 2017 – 30th June, 2018
All Enquiries are to be made to the Director, School of Foundation Studies
+234-09093621958 (Please call during office hours only, 8am – 6pm)
Dr. (Mrs) Taiwo. F. Ipaye, FNIM
Registrar & Secretary to Council