Further to the Vice Chancellor’s approval that the meeting of Congregation be held on Monday, March 22, 2021, the procedure for the election of representative(s) of Congregation on the Governing Council, Senate, Budget Monitoring Committee, International School Management Board and Housing Committee, shall be as follows:
- Members of Congregation are to confirm their eligibility on the Congregation register as provided by HRMD on the University website (www.unilag.edu.ng) from Tuesday, March 16, 2021 to Friday, March 19, 2021, by typing their UNILAG email address in the space provided.
- Persons with complaints on eligibility are advised to interface with the Deputy Registrar, HRMD between Tuesday, March 16, 2021 and Friday, March 19, 2021.
- Resolved cases on eligibility shall be forwarded by HRMD to CITS through the Senate and Ceremonies Unit for update not later than 10 a.m. on Friday, March 19, 2021.
- Interested candidates for elective positions should download nomination forms from the University website or alternatively pick nomination forms from their respective Faculties/Departments/Units or Senate & Ceremonies Unit.
- Photograph of the proposed candidate should be glued or celotaped (not stapled with pin) on the Proposal Form.
- Hardcopy of the completed Nomination Form should be submitted at the Senate & Ceremonies Unit not later than 4 p.m. on Friday, March 19, 2021.
- The list of duly nominated persons into various elective positions as representative of Congregation shall be displayed on the University website as from 5 p.m. on Friday, March 19, 2021.
- Virtual Meeting of Congregation shall hold at 2.00 p.m. on Monday, March 22, 2021. Accreditation and voting shall be electronic (virtual) followed by elections into various positions.
- The link/pass code to join the virtual meeting shall be received in the UNILAG email addresses of members.
- All complaints should be directed to the following helplines: Dr. Abdulsalam – 08034721456 and Mrs. Adejumo – 08035832851
The procedure for the Electronic voting is as follows:
- It is mandatory for members to have access to their UNILAG email addresses.
- Access to virtual platform for the meeting of Congregation shall open at 1.45 p.m.
- To avoid a breach of the procedure on technical grounds, the virtual meeting of Congregation must have been duly constituted (quorate) before the commencement of the meeting. Members are therefore enjoined to attend punctually.
- The link/pass code for the virtual meeting shall be batched and the groupings shall be forwarded through UNILAG email addresses to members of Congregation not later than Wednesday, March 17, 2021.
- E-voting shall commence immediately after the conclusion of the meeting of Congregation.
- Eligible voters shall receive access code to the voting platform in their UNILAG email addresses from 8a.m on Monday, March 22, 2021 and shall proceed to vote on the voting platform from 3p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The principle of ‘one man, one vote’ shall subsist, thus, eligible voters can only vote once.
- Members shall login to the electronic voting portal to make their choices of preferred candidates. Voters shall click submit on the electronic voting portal on selection of their choice candidate(s).
- The candidates for elections or their nominees (representatives) may be present at the “Control Room” in CITS during the period of voting to monitor the election as it progresses. The candidates are to submit in writing their nominees (representatives) to the Senate and Ceremonies Unit not later than 10a.m. on Friday, March 19, 2021.
- Complaints during e-voting should be forwarded to email@example.com.
- Results of elections shall be displayed/announced on the University website on conclusion of the e-voting exercise.
2021 Election of Congregation Members to Senate
2021 Congregation Meeting International School Management Board
2021 Congregation Meeting Housing Committee
2021 Congregation Meeting Budget Monitoring Committee